There is a first time for everything....


The before picture....not too sure about all this
This milestone happens much later for our children than most but it has finally happened for Evan. He had his first hair cut tonight! He still doesn't have much hair overall but he was starting to get a rat tail in the back and several really long hairs in the front. It took some convincing but Bryan finally talked me into cutting it. Evan did surprisingly well. You'll never guess how we got him to sit still....we rubbed a Q-tip in his ear. No, I'm not kidding! He absolutely loves having his ears tickled with a Q-tip so, Bryan tickled his ear while I snipped the hair. He never even flinched. He looks so grown up with his hair trimmed and parted a little. Oh goodness, he is getting so big!

What are you guys about to do?
Evan is leaning in for the Q-tip...he loves it!
This is literally all the hair we cut!
All done! Look at that sweet face!
He just had to comb his hair all by himself!
Today I am thankful for these sweet moments in my children's lives. I can't believe Evan is 19 months old. I know most babies have their hair cut for the first time around 12 months old but this is about right for my babies. For some reason they just don't have much hair until they're almost 2 years old! I am also grateful that Evan did so well with his first hair cut. Dylan hated having his hair cut when he was little so this was a pleasant surprise. Plus, the Q-tips helped! Yea, our little guys have some quirks but that's what makes them so precious! God has blessed us with 2 of the most adorable little guys ever!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes