The Blessing of being a Mother

I had a wonderful Mother's Day! I started the day with two sweet boys giving me flowers and a new laptop case. Next we celebrated with our families while two of our nephews were dedicated to the Lord. In my opinion, there is nothing sweeter than witnessing families dedicating their children to the One who created them. After the church services we ate lunch with our families. Later in the afternoon, Bryan and I took the boys to the park to play. Evan mastered the sliding board and Dylan was so proud of him! We went for ice cream and then home to play t-ball and tennis in the yard. Overall, I had a very special day with the two cutest fellas in the world!

How adorable are these guys!!??!

Evan mastered the slide!

Eating ice cream at Cold Stone

Dylan made me a cute flower pot for mother's day. We planted
seeds in it tonight.

While we were playing at the park this afternoon, Bryan and I were standing guard over both sides of the jungle gym while Evan bravely tried to do everything the big kids do. Dylan was playing on the other side when I heard a cry that sounded just like him. I immediately felt my heart start to race and my body prepare to run for him. As his mother, without even realizing it I was listening for him and was ready to protect him, comfort him, and come to his aid. Thankfully, after quickly searching the playground with my eyes, I realized that the cry that sounded like Dylan, wasn't really Dylan. 


The same thing happens in the middle of the night. If I wake up to the sound of Evan crying, do I casually lay there and drift back to sleep while he cries? No, I jump up and run after him. I'm ready to take care of him. I'm ready to pick him up and rock him. I'm ready to do whatever needs to be done to comfort my son. 

After pondering this today, I realized that God feels the exact same way about me! 

My relationship with my sons can teach me a lot about God's character. Even though it doesn't seem possible, God loves me even more than I love my boys. He is always listening for me, watching over me, willing to run to me, to protect me, to point me in the right direction, to comfort me, and to love on me. 

Today I am thankful that God has given me the privilege of being Dylan and Evan's Mommy. I absolutely love spending each day with them. I take this role very seriously. It isn't always easy but being their Mommy is the most important thing I'll ever do. I am also thankful that if I allow it to, being a parent can really help me understand who my Heavenly Father is and how much He truly loves me! If you really think about, everything in life can draw us closer to our Father, if we are willing. Isn't it amazing that God is always pursuing us? He will use anything and everything to help us wrap our minds around His amazing love for us. Being a mother is one of the greatest teaching tools God has used in my life! I am so grateful for the blessing of being a mother!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes