"I'll always be your baby"

May 1st is a very special day in our family. I became a mother for the first time, five years ago today. Dylan Lee Shaw was born at 3:00am on May 1, 2008. He was 6 pounds 14 ounces. Hearing his cry was the sweetest sound my ears have ever heard. Seeing his face for the first time was one of the most miraculous moments of my life. I don't think I've ever been so certain of God's hand at work in my life as I was the moment Dylan entered this world. So, every May 1st, I celebrate the birth of my son and the beginning of the most important role I'll ever play. This is such a special day!


 Dylan is only a couple of hours old. I'm already in love!
Dylan Lee Shaw
This afternoon, after having a yummy birthday breakfast, shopping at ToysRus, riding go-karts at Celebration Station and enjoying cookie cake together, I asked Dylan if he was having a nice birthday. He promptly said, "yes! This is a wonderful day, Mommy!" I hugged him tightly and told him that I couldn't believe he was getting so big. He looked at me and said, "Don't worry, I'll always be your baby." Bless his sweet heart! No words could be more true. He may grow up and change his mind but I won't! To me, he will ALWAYS be my baby! 


Happy 5th Birthday!
Dylan woke up to a decorated door again this year.
This has become a tradition over the past couple of years.

Today I am thankful for my first baby, Dylan. These past 5 years have been full of so much love and joy because of him. God knew exactly what he was doing when he placed Dylan into our little family. He is so smart, kind, funny, imaginative, full of life, helpful, friendly, and polite. He loves Jesus and wants others to also. He has also become a wonderful big brother! I am also grateful for the ways my life has changed over the past 5 years. God totally rocked our world when He blessed us with this little guy. He has completely rearranged my  priorities, my hopes, and my dreams by allowing me to be a stay at home, homeschooling mommy of two amazing boys. I am forever grateful!

Father God, thank You for blessing Bryan and I will this adorable little boy. Thank You for entrusting Him to us and allowing us raise him. Please give us wisdom as we guide him. Please help us to point to You in all that we do. Lord, I pray that Dylan will grow up to be a strong man of God. Please allow him to grow in wisdom, stature, and favor with You and with man. Please protect him from the things of this world and captivate him with the things of God. Lord, please wrap Your loving arms around him, protect him, and use him for Your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes