Take me out to the ball game!

Bryan and I decided to take the boys to a Grasshoppers Baseball game today. If you know Evan, you're probably already guessing that this was right up his alley! For the first 30 minutes, he just sat quietly, starring at the game. Dylan loved being able to walk down to the front row. He was really hoping they would give him a foul ball. He also had an up close encounter with the mascot who stole Dylan's hat and put it on his big nose. While Bryan and Dylan were hanging out on the front row, Evan got really fussy so I took him to the concessions area to walk around for a bit. While we were gone, a fly away bat landed in my chair! If I had been sitting there I would have gotten hit in the head for sure. So, we decided to take the boys to a different area where getting hit with something was less likely. Dylan and Evan both enjoyed a jumbo bag of popcorn. We left at the 7th inning because baseball is a really long game for a 5 year old and 19 month old! As we were leaving we heard "take me out to the ball game" playing over the loud speakers. As I heard the song, my heart was full of gratitude that in this crazy world we live in today, at least baseball games are still a fun, family friendly way to spend the afternoon!








I never thought I'd say it but today I am grateful for a fussy little boy. If Evan hadn't been fussy, I would have gotten hit by a bat! I guess this is a time where I tangibly see that God can use anything for our good. In the future, I hope to remember that even the aggravations, annoyances, and inconveniences may be blessings in disguise. I am also thankful or a fun afternoon with my family. Family friendly activities seem fewer and fewer these days so I am thankful to have had this exciting time with my family today. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes