Grandma would be so proud!

If someone had told me 10 years ago that at the age of 30 I would start knitting, crocheting  and canning homemade strawberry preserves, I would have laughed very loudly! I have picked up some very domesticated habits in the past 6 months. I think my Grandma Davis would be very pleased. I just wish I had discovered how much I would enjoy these things before she passed away. She would have been the BEST teacher and probably very eager to teach me. 

I have to say, making homemade strawberry perserves really isn't quite as scary as it sounds. For a minute, I even felt like I knew what I was doing.  Although I'm the only one in my house that will eat preserves, I think I might attempt making stuff like this more often. I might even try grape jam next!

We picked the berries by hand
Soaking the hulled strawberries in sugar
Boiling the strawberries 
Its ready for canning
Boiling the cans
The finished product
YUM YUM YUM

Today I am thankful that my first attempt at canning strawberry preserves was a success. I was worried that even though it looked good, it might not taste too good but I had no reason to fear. I could eat this stuff for dessert its so yummy! I am also thankful for the opportunity to spend some time fondly remembering my Grandmother and following in a few of her lovely foot steps. I remember eating her strawberry preserves every year and loving every bite. I cannot believe I am making them now!  Grandma Davis would be so proud!



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes