Holding a Miracle

Bryan and I have two amazing friends, Jordan and Shanna. They had some difficulty getting pregnant and it took a little longer than they wanted. My family prayed and prayed for them. In September Dylan told us that he knew God was going to bless Jordan and Shanna with a baby soon. Guess what?! He was right! A few weeks later they found out that they would be having a baby! 

On May 1st (also Dylan's birthday) Jordan and Shanna welcomed Adeline Marie Stowe into the world. She made her entrance 6 weeks early so she is very tiny. She only weighs 3 pounds 12 ounces. She and her mommy are both doing well. Addie will have to stay in the NICU for a while but is expected to go home in a few weeks.  She is already breathing on her own and sucking on a bottle! Praise God!

Bryan, Dylan, Evan and I went to meet sweet baby Addie tonight. Only children that are siblings are usually allowed in the NICU but, it worked out that Dylan was able to officially meet the answer to so many of his prayers! I cannot even explain how my heart overflowed with joy as I held this precious girl. God is so good. He hears our cries. He answers our prayers. He leads families through difficult times. He blesses those who call on His name. Not only is Addie the answer to our prayers for Jordan and Shanna to have a baby but God also proved His hand is on her by carrying her through a difficult couple of weeks in the womb and a very premature birth. God has sustained her and is making her strong. 

I loved holding this miracle

Dylan could not have been more excited to see his birthday buddy

Look how tiny that hand is...

Adeline Marie Stowe
Today I am thankful that God answers prayers. I have prayed for this baby over and over again so holding her tonight was truly a gift to me. I was holding a miracle, proof that God hears us and is active in our lives. I am also grateful that Dylan was able to meet Addie tonight. When we told him only siblings could enter the room, he immediately melted down. He was broken-hearted. So when it worked out for him to come in, he could not have been happier! It is so good for him to see that God is answering our prayers! I am also thankful for the nurses and doctors in the NICU. They do such a good job taking care of the teeny tiny babies. I had no idea there were so many there at one time.  They also had KLOVE playing in the background which made me smile! All of those Mommies and Daddies are hearing songs of God's love as their babies are nursed to health. 

Father God, thank You for Adeline Marie Stowe. Thank You for answering the prayers of so many. Thank You for blessing this couple with a baby girl. Thank You for carrying this family through a rough couple of weeks and for allowing Addie to enter the world safely and without any complications. Thank You for allowing her to breath on her own and begin eating on her own. Thank You for allowing me the opportunity to hold this miracle. Father, please wrap Your arms around this family. Bless them and draw them close to You. May others see how You've touched their lives and have renewed hope in You as well. Lord, please bless Addie with strength and help her to grow quickly so she can join her mother and father at home really soon. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes