What Can't He Do?

Over the past few weeks I have been blessed with the reminder that God makes all things new. It seems like everywhere I go I've seen scriptures, heard songs, and heard stories about God making things new. I even wrote a blog last week called, "All things new." So you can probably tell that my life has been inundated with this truth lately! We've also had a real life example of this miracle taking place within our home. 

About three weeks ago our caterpillars arrived in the mail. They were so tiny! Within days they had tripled in size and after a week or so, they made chrysalises. A little over a week later they begin to hatch. From those little brown pouches emerged big, gorgeous butterflies. I know its elementary but watching this process has been so exciting for me. It is absolutely amazing! There is no way that these little creatures and the change they undergo isn't a God thing! Only God could change a dull, hairy caterpillar that squirms and crawls into a bright, beautiful butterfly that flies and soars. 

They arrived a few days before this was taken.
They have tripled in size.
The very hairy caterpillar
They've made their chrysalises.
They're hatching!
Aren't they beautiful?
Today I am thankful for these adorable painted lady butterflies. They have been a great teaching tool for Dylan but also, they have served as a great reminder for me that God can do anything. Honestly, this is a miracle that happens right before our eyes, all the time. We've just grown so accustomed to it that we forget how amazing it is! I am also thankful that God has allowed me to come across many different songs, verses, and stories to help me remember that He is constantly making things new. He has done it in my life and He can do it in any situation that we encounter. If God can so easily change a caterpillar into a butterfly, what can't He do?

Thank You Jesus, for making all things new. Thank You for allowing me to be transformed the way the caterpillar is. Thank You for allowing me to fly and soar with You. Thank You that there is nothing You can't do. Please be at work in my life, my family, our church, our community, our world. Lord, we wait expectantly for You to make all things new! Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes