All Things New

 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” 
Revelation 21:5a

I don't think I'm the only one who has felt as if this winter would never end. It seems like I've been shivering for months and months now. I couldn't be more ready to stop bundling my kids up and they are ready to spend more time playing outside. So, I was thrilled with the beautiful spring day we enjoyed today. I even got to wear my flip flops! 

Bryan, the boys, and I went on a very long walk this afternoon on the greenway behind our neighborhood. As I pushed Evan along in his stroller and Bryan helped Dylan ride his bike, I was thrilled with the opportunity to spend some time outdoors with my family. It was absolutely gorgeous outside.

Every year I am constantly amazed by spring. I love watching the earth come to life again. I love to see flowers of all shapes and sizes blooming, lifeless trees coming to life, bright green grass growing, and the sun shining brightly. Each time I witness this season, I am blown away by it. Everything becomes dull and bare during the winter season but spring offers a new beginning; it offers new life. Spring brings hope because it represents the new life we have in Christ.

Today I am thankful for this delightful day I was able to spend with my family. I am also thankful for spring and all the beauty that emerges this time of year. Mostly, I am grateful that God is making all things new. Spring reminds me of this truth but in reality, God is doing this continually through all seasons. He is constantly at work, renewing us and restoring us. He is unceasingly making all things new. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes