Happy Earth Day!




My boys and I enjoyed celebrating Earth Day today! It is no secret that Dylan is obsessed with trash and recycling so, Earth Day is right up his alley! He loves any opportunity to talk about collecting trash and recyclables so we had what seemed like a never-ending conversation today! 

We started off our celebration by taking a walk around my Mom's neighborhood. We picked up litter as we walked. Dylan kept saying that God wants us to take care of our world because He made it just for us. Dylan is right!  

 Dylan and I also enjoyed discussing ways to help take care of God's world. We learned what it means to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Dylan made his own list of how to be a "Earth Day Superhero!" My favorite of his superhero ideas was number 5. He said he is going to pray for Earth! 




Today I am thankful for the incredible world that God has given us. Psalm 33:5 says that the Earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. As we walked around today, picking up liter and taking in the beauty of the day, I was thankful for all the goodness God has blessed us with. As the wind blew through my hair and the sun shined on my face, I was grateful for the chance to clean up our little section of the world with my little guys. I am also grateful that Dylan knows who this world really belongs to. It would do us all good to remember that this place isn't ours, it belongs to God and we should do our best to take care of it!

Happy Earth Day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes