Back to "Normal"

After spending a week at my Mom's house, our renters departed today and we were able to move back into our house. I always enjoy spending time in Lexington. My parents still live in the house I grew up in so it feels like I'm going back in time when we stay there. Its odd though because now I have 2 children of my own. Its really neat to watch my children enjoying the same home that I enjoyed, playing in the same yard I played in. Bryan's parents also live on the same street (we grew up on the same street) so our time in Lexington is always fun for everyone!

It took all day but we were able to get everything unpacked and straightened up. My washer and dryer have been working overtime but I got all the sheets and comforters washed just in time for the boys to go to bed.  Moving back into our house is always nice because we've cleaned so much prior to market and the renters are barely there, so its still super clean. Its also nice to get everything back to "normal." The boys seemed especially happy to be in their own beds tonight. I'm eager to sleep in mine as well!

Today I am thankful for the time we were able to spend with our families this week. I am grateful for parents who can't wait for us to come each spring and fall during the furniture market and they always hate to see us leave. I'm glad my boys are making special memories with their grandparents and I really love these moments with my parents as well. I am also thankful to be home, unpacked, and able to relax. Its a lot of work but its worth it in many ways. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes