Choo Choo!

It seems like only yesterday Dylan was eating his first birthday cake! I cannot believe we celebrated his 5th birthday today! For those of you who know Dylan, you can imagine that the Transportation Museum is the absolute BEST place to celebrate Dylan turning 5! He has loved trains since the first time he laid eyes on one. He has always liked the caboose the best so when we came across the opportunity to have a birthday party IN a caboose, we couldn't pass it up!

Dylan's 5th birthday party was a huge success. All of his buddies and family members got to ride in the caboose, we had pizza and cake, opened presents, butchered a pinata, and toured the museum. I think everyone had a terrific time. I know Dylan did! He received so many nice presents and had a wonderful time playing with his friends in the caboose! 

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to celebrate Dylan's special day in such an exciting way! I am thankful for all the precious family members and friends that made this day unforgettable and for all the fun gifts Dylan received. I am grateful for the little things that "just worked out" to help make this day extra special (It was supposed to rain today but it didn't until after the party. We were only supposed to ride in one caboose, which meant only 15 of us could ride but the blue caboose didn't have a party in it so all of our friends and family were able to ride!) But mostly, I am thankful for one of God's greatest gifts to us....that is why we celebrate! We make a big deal out of it because this is a big deal to us! Dylan is such a blessing in our lives! Five years of blessings and many more to come!

Choo Choo!

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

He was sooooo excited!

Evan and Bryan riding in the caboose

Me and my boys on the caboose

Make a wish!
He requested an orange train on his cake....

Dylan and his buddies

My little family =)

Exhausted!



Comments

  1. Tori,
    I don't even know how I came across your blog...but I know God had planned that I would several months ago. You have blessed me over and over with your bold witness and love for the Lord. I love your outspoken faith and the practical ways you share God's love with your family, friends and bloggers!
    What a sweet family you have and I love all the traditions you have created and shared. I have shared your blog with my ladies Bible study group so know that you have a little band of followers up here in Ohio!
    We may never meet here on this earth but I look forward to the day when we can walk the streets of heaven and share all the ways the Lord has blessed us!
    Thank you for being willing to share so openly and honestly what the Lord is doing in your life and know that your life of gratitude is catching on...not only in readers but in practice!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes