Earthquake!!!

This afternoon, while sitting on the couch, I began to feel the ground, the couch, the walls, the artwork, and everything else in the house shake. It wasn't violent, just shaking a little. I kept looking out the window for a big truck to go by but nothing ever happened. When it stopped a few seconds later I thought "wow, was that an earthquake?" Then I quickly dismissed that idea as ridiculas.  A little while later I discovered that it was an earthquake.

If we felt that sort of shaking so far way from the actual earthquake, I can't imagine what it must have felt like in Virginia. Furthermore, those major earthquakes that some places encounter must be really horrible. Today I am thankful that we live in an area that earthquakes are very rare. Overall, High Point is a pretty safe location for our little family to live and I am grateful for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes