"There will only ever be one of my Mommy!"

One of the joys of Bryan's job is his ability to work from home. He is able to work from home a couple days a week so, he was home with us today. Since he was home, we decided to go to a pizza buffet for lunch. While we were eating lunch, Dylan told Bryan that he was sad because there weren't more of his Mommy. We weren't really sure what he was talking about but after some discussion, we realized he was saying that he wishes there was one of me for him, Evan and Bryan. Then he looked up at me with his adorable eyes and said, "but there will only ever be one of my Mommy!" That little boy just steals my heart! 

Sometimes I wish there were 2 or 3 of me also. I could get a lot more done if  I had a few clones but, that just isn't possible. So, I have to make sure I'm making the most of my time and focusing on the right things in life. Dylan's comment puts thing in perspective for me. More than anything, I want to grow in my relationship with Christ and become the Mommy and wife that God created me to be. There aren't multiples of me so some of the other stuff will just have to wait. 

Today I am thankful for Dylan's innocent comment. Knowing that he values me and the time we spend together is priceless. I am also thankful for the reminder to keep my focus on the most important things so that I don't waste the precious time I have. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes