That's pretty cool, huh?

Dylan has had a cough and a little bit of a fever for the past couple days. Tonight, after taking his "yucky tasting medicine" as he calls it, I laid on his bed with him for a few minutes before turning off his lights and tucking him in. As we laid there he said, "you know Mommy, sometimes God touches us and we don't even know it. Will you pray that He will touch me tonight and help my cough to go away." So, of course, I immediately begin praying that sweet prayer for him. When I was done he said, "Oh, oh, now let me. Dear God, please touch all of us tonight. We love it when You touch us. Oh, wait, I know! You must have 2 legs and a whole lot of arms because You can touch us all at the same time. That's pretty cool, huh? Amen"

I just squeezed him as he talked with God. I love hearing his sweet voice talk so openly with his Heavenly Father! It just warms my heart. As I listened to his words, I couldn't help but ponder the truth that he was speaking of. There are approximately 6.9 billion people in the world today and God is at work in each of our lives all at the same time. He cares deeply about each and every person He has ever breathed life into. How is that possible? It absolutely amazes me!

Today I am thankful that God is touching each of our lives at the same time. He must have a WHOLE lot of hands because He is involved in the details of all of our lives. He also loves each of His children so much! When I try wrap my mind around that concept, I start thinking, "that's pretty cool, huh?"


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes