The Little Things

I felt better today than I have in over a month. I'm still pretty weak and get easily worn out but overall, I am feeling 100 times better! Now that I am able to get off the couch, things were somewhat back to normal for our family. Today I was able to change Evan's diapers and put his clothes on him. I got to feed him breakfast and make my own coffee. I cleaned the kitchen this morning and the bathrooms this evening. Dylan and I did a little bit of home-school and made cookies together. I went to dinner with my fellas and then to Hobby Lobby by myself. To finish the day off, I gave my boys a bath and put them to bed. I know all of that is just basic and ordinary but this was such a great day for me!

Today I am thankful for the little things. Spending 3 weeks on bed rest makes the simple things of life seem absolutely wonderful! I have never been so grateful for the opportunity to take care of my family and clean my house. I have often taken these things for granted and even complained about some of them. Not now! Now, I am thankful for the ability to walk around, make meals for my family, drive a car, fold and put away laundry, pick up the toys around the house, or even empty the trashcans. 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above" James 1:17a

Dearest Lord, Thank you so much for the simple things of life. You've allowed so many blessings in my life that I have so often taken for granted. Thank for you showing me how amazing these simple gifts are. Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes