"A Scrapbook for Aunt Pearl"

We've had a wonderful time visiting with Nana Smith over the past couple of days. It has been such a joy to see her with her great grandsons. Today, we also got to spend some time with Millie and Jim. Millie is Nana Smith's neice. Her and her husband are such a gift to Nana because they visit her each week and bring her coffee and cookies. Since all of Nana's family lives out of state, people like Millie and Jim are precious gifts from God for Nana! Millie also prints out copies of my blog for Nana to see. She has made a notebook of the blogs called "A Scrapbook for Aunt Pearl." Nana keeps it in her room. Yesterday when we took Nana back to the nursing home, she asked me to bring the notebook back to our hotel and read it. So, of course I did! It filled my heart with joy to see how Millie has compiled my blog posts for Nana, along with pictures and even quotes from facebook. 

As I read a bunch of my old blog posts, I was overwhelmed with gratitude. I've spent 2 years writing down the things God has blessed me with. Reading back over those blessings was absolutely wonderful. God has been so good to me! I am also thankful for Millie and Jim. They are faithful in visiting Nana Smith and also eager to share my blog with her. It is a blessing to her and to me as well! I believe this is an illustration of the way God intended the Body of Christ to love and care for one another. I am so thankful to be a part of it!

The notebook Millie is making for Nana Smith

I just love how she is adding these pictures of our family

Nana must love having this scrapbook

Millie is doing a terrific job compiling my blog posts for Nana

Millie, Nana Smith, and me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes