I'm believing God for healing!

I finally had the CT myelogram and spinal tap done yesterday and I saw my doctor today. I was really hoping that I would leave his office with a game plan for feeling better but instead, I left with absolutely no answers. The tests didn't clearly show a leak in my spinal column. My doctor is taking the stance that he didn't cause a leak so, he is unwilling to help me with the problem. The symptoms that I have are typical spinal headache symptoms and no other headache has these same symptoms. So, that leads everyone (but my doctor) to believe that there is a leak, it just didn't show up. According to John Hopkins University, "sometimes we can be quite certain there is a leak lurking somewhere, we are just unable to find it with any tests." 
It is highly likely that my leak was just not seen on the tests. 

So, after dealing with this headache for over a month, I am back to "square one." Or am I? I keep thinking that since I know God isn't shocked by my doctor's response and He's got me right where He wants me, maybe I'm putting too much trust in the doctors and not enough in THE DOCTOR.

Matthew 8:14-15 says, "When Jesus came into Peter’s house, he saw Peter’s mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever. He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to wait on him." When I read this today, I was reassured by Jesus' power to heal. He healed Peter's mother-in-law by touching her and she was able to get up and wait on Him. Maybe Jesus will touch my life and I will be able to get up and take care of my family. 

Jesus healed numerous people in the Bible. For example: He healed a man of leprosy outside of Galilee, a 12 year old girl in Capernaum, blind men in Jerusalem, Jericho, and Bethsaida, and a disabled woman in the synagogue. He even raised a little girl, a young son, and Lazarus from the dead! Not to mention all the times the Bible says, "He went around healing all kinds of sickness and diseases among the people."

Its pretty obvious that Jesus is capable and willing to heal His beloved children. The leak in my spine could heal at anytime. In fact, they often heal on their own. So, that's what I'm praying for. I'm asking Jesus to touch my body the way He touched Peter's mother-in-law. I'm asking Him to heal me so I can get up and serve my family. Will you please pray for healing with me?

Today I am thankful that I know the Great Healer! I am thankful for the many examples found in the Bible of Jesus healing those in need. I am also thankful that it is entirely possible for Jesus to heal me. This ordeal that I find myself in is not only frustrating and tiring; it is also the perfect opportunity to see God's healing power at work. Mark 11:24 says, ‎"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you." I am exceedingly grateful that we can ask for God to be at work in our lives and we can believe that He will come through for us. I am believing God for healing; one way or another!


Comments

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes