He's got my back!

As I write this, I am honestly amazed by the peace I feel after another long day of painful waiting. Every possible thing has happened and it seems like these tests will never be scheduled. My doctor labeled the needed tests as an emergency but 2 days later, worker's comp hasn't even scheduled them. At times throughout this experience I have been very angry but tonight, the peace is overwhelming.  Where does this kind of peace come from? 
Well...

I have had lots of people praying for me over the past couple of weeks but today was very special. Two of the pastors from my church and the preschool director came this morning. They laid hands on me and prayed over me. This afternoon, two of the leaders from MOMS stopped by. They knelt beside me and lifted me and my family up in prayer. Dylan was laying with me during their prayer. He listened so intently and prayed with them. It was a precious experience.  Of course, I love to hear people say they will pray for me but there is just something extra special about hearing the prayers of my friends said aloud. 

This afternoon I listened to a message by Myra Thomason. She shared the message over a year ago but it felt like she was sitting on my couch, talking directly to me today. The title of the message was "Winning in the Wilderness." She shared that even in the worst of times, God hasn't left us. Even in the wilderness, we can prosper and grow. We don't have to let Satan win this battle. Regardless of the situations we find ourselves in, we can still praise Jesus! As she closed her message she shared Isaiah 58:8 which says, "Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard." And then Myra, with her country accent said, "I'm so glad God's got my back, He is my rear guard!" 

Its true! God's got my back! The Bible says so. What a blessing! 

I believe that's where this unexplained peace is coming from. God has comforted me with all the prayers that have been said on my behalf and by reminding me that He's got my back even in the wilderness.  These things have given me solace. I am at peace. I am okay.

Today I am thankful that God is my rear guard...He's got my back! In reality, there isn't any reason to be afraid! I am also incredibly grateful for my family in Christ, who took time to pray over me today. I feel so loved and cared for. I am also thankful that Dylan was able to take part in this time of prayer. Tonight, as he prayed, it was obvious by some of the things he said, that he az listening earlier this afternoon. What a blessing it is for him to encounter God's children praying for and loving one another. 

Father God, I don't know why You've allowed me to walk down this difficult path but I am thankful for the peace You have provided and love You have shown me through the Body of Christ. I am asking now, for You to touch the life of every person who has been willing to intercede on my behalf. Thank You for such precious people in my life. Thank You for Your faithfulness, Your sovereignty  and Your willingness to be at work in our lives. Lord, I praise You, even as I walk in the wilderness. You are only good and I will trust in You alone. Thank You for being my rear guard! I love you, Lord. Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes