Impromptu Date Night

While looking on Pinterest this morning I came across an article entitled "Mother and Son Date Night Ideas." As I read the article it occurred to me that "date nights" with my little boys don't have to cost a lot of money or take a lot of planning. Spending a little while playing with them or building a tower of blocks means just as much to my little guys as paying for an expensive trip or dinner out.

So, this evening I spent some quality time with Dylan. It was an "impromptu date night." Dylan's grandmother recently gave us some adorable gingerbread men ornaments to make for our Christmas tree. Dylan and I spent a while tonight making them. It was wonderful to talk with him one-on-one. He is so smart and absolutely hilarious! He did a very good job with gingerbread men too.




Tonight when I was tucking Dylan into bed he said, "I love you Mommy, you're my best friend. Tomorrow, let's do lots of fun things together!" He sure does know how to melt his mommy's heart! Today I am thankful for the opportunity to have an "impromptu date night" with Dylan. It wasn't anything spectacular but we had a lot of fun together. I am also thankful for the precious memories I am making with my sweet little guys. Before I know it, they will be too grown up for date nights with their mommy so, I'll take advantage of these opportunities while I can!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes