Feeling some better....

"The more extreme your circumstances, the more likely you are the see My power and glory at work in the situation. Instead of letting difficulties draw you into worrying, try to view them as setting the scene for My glorious intervention. Keep your eyes and your mind wide open to all that I am doing in you life." -Jesus Calling

Today has been such a blessing! My appointment with Dr. Moser went very well. He believes there is a chance the leak in my spinal column may have already healed but the blood vessels and nerves in my head are very aggravated and causing the horrible pain I'm still having. It makes sense because I've been like this for over a month! So, he tried a shot which gave me some immediate relief and I'll be taking 2 medications every 2 hours (as needed) to try to get this pain under control. I also have epi-pen type shots to give myself in case it gets really bad again. 

Its been 5 hours since I had the shot and I'm still hanging in there. I'm actually sitting up to type this! I haven't sat up for more than 10 minutes in 3 weeks so this is a blessing for sure. The medications haven't taken the pain away completely but they are definitely helping. I'm praying that each day will be better and better. Even if the medications don't help me completely, Dr. Moser is willing to keep helping me until we figure it out and I consider that a great gift (especially after the way my worker's comp doctor treated me.) So, I'm not 100% but I'm miles better than I was yesterday. 

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to see God's glorious intervention. I was hoping to be all better after my doctor's appointment but we are going in the right direction now and I'm so grateful for that! I am also thankful for Dr. Moser's willingness to help me and for these medications that have already made a difference in my pain. I'm praying that my pain will decrease day by day and pretty soon, I'll be back to normal.

This difficult journey hasn't been easy and I don't want to endure it again but I've gotten to see God's power and glory at work in ways that I've never even imagined! I know this isn't the end of that power and glory either. So, just as the quote above from Jesus Calling says--I will keep my eyes and my mind wide open to see all that God is doing in my life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes