A really good man!

I spent another day on the couch. I have to say, it was nice at first but now, I just want to get up and take care of my family! My precious husband has had his plate full and I really want to take back all of my responsibilities so he can relax a little. 

The boys were here most of the day so it has been pretty noisy. I've really gotten a "hoot" out of listening to the boys and Bryan play. I think he has as much fun as they do. Its also adorable to see Evan learning to play with his big brother. This evening all 3 of them were racing garbage and recycling trucks down the hallway. Sweet Evan wasn't quite as fast but he sure did try to keep up with his daddy and big brother! They also enjoyed playing with space ships and transformers. Some of my favorite quotes from this evening include:

Dylan: "Come on, Daddy, lets get out of the space ship, you know there is no gravity on the moon, right?" 
Bryan: "You go ahead, I heard those space walks can be dangerous."

--and--

Dylan: "Baby Bee (Evan) has safely grabbed the all-spark"
Bryan: "Now Megatron will be defeated and he will no longer be able to conquer the world. Way to go, Baby Bee"


As you can probably tell, I have been entertained all day. I just love hearing my precious boys having fun with their daddy. There are so many kids today that don't have good relationships with their fathers. I am overwhelmingly  grateful that my boys are able to enjoy their daddy and grow closer to him each and every day. He is also such a good role model for them. When I am "under the weather" (which has been a lot the past couple years) Bryan always steps in and does all he can to take care of me and the boys. He cooks, cleans, changes diapers, gives baths, reads books, plays, and on top of it all, takes care of me. There are so many men who wouldn't be able to handle it but God gave me a really good man!


Today I am thankful for my husband. Since 2007 I have had 5 surgeries, 2 babies, 6 hospitalizations, numerous procedures on my back, a neurostimulator implanted along the side of my brain, and even whopping cough to top it off. Not to mention the spinal leak  I am dealing with now. This has all been really hard on me but I'm not the only one affected. Bryan has endured it all with me. He has been so strong and supportive, helpful and caring, loving and protective. I am abundantly thankful that God blessed me with such a wonderful husband. My boys are blessed to have such an amazing daddy and example of a godly man to follow! 

 Bryan, thank you, once again, for all you do for me and the boys. I don't know where in the world I'd be without you. God sure did know what He was doing when He gave me you!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes