My Hiding Place

The past couple of days have been kind of rough for me. I started having horrible pains in my upper stomach and chest on Saturday. It got so bad during the night that I went to the Emergency Room early Sunday morning. The doctor checked my heart and did some blood work. He thought I probably have gallbladder problems or a peptic ulcer he was unable to make a diagnosis because they could not get a good look at my gallbladder with ultrasound and they were unable to do a endoscopy. So, I left the ER in the same pain that I went there with and I have been struggling with the pain since. I have an appointment with my family doctor tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to have the gallbladder and stomach tests done really soon. 

Today I am thankful for my husband who has taken such good care of me, for my mom who brought us dinner tonight and for the easy day I had with my boys. I was here by myself with them and I was worried about feeling so badly and taking care of them both but they were such good boys today! Life isn't always easy but God has truly blessed me with a wonderful family to help me through difficult times. I just love how He provides for us and How constant His love is. 

It can be really scary to have chest and stomach pains and not know what's going on. It can also be really scary to be sent away from the ER in the same pain you arrived in because they were unable to do the needed tests. BUT, I know the Ultimate Healer and I am so grateful for that! I don't have to be afraid because the One who made me is still in control! As I was reading in Psalms recently, I came across the following verse. I am so thankful that He is my hiding place and I can trust him to protect me and provide for me. I will hide in Him and rest in His protection.

"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble" Psalm 32:7




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes