A joyful mob

I must say, I was proud to be American today! Dylan, Evan, and I joined some friends at Chick-fil-a today for lunch. We got there at 11:00am, thinking that they kids could play first and we would eat around noon. Well, I am glad we got there when we did! I got the last spot in the parking lot and my friend had already pushed the last 2 tables together so we could all sit together. I waited in a crazy line to order food and waited even longer to receive our food. Even though I could hear my kids from across the restaurant, the wait and enduring the crowd were definitely worth it! 

Crazy crowd at Chick-fil-a....and its only 1130am

This line is out the door and down the sidewalk.

By the time we left the line was out the door and down the sidewalk, the drive thru line was wrapped around the building twice, and the managers were outside directing traffic. The best part of it all: everyone was happy. I never heard one person complain, whine, or act impatient. It was so nice to be a part of such a joyful mob!

It really doesn't matter what you believe when it comes to same sex marriage, either way, this show of support for freedom of speech was amazing! In this country we all have the right to say what we want. Mr. Cathy has the right to share his beliefs and values, just like anyone else! Openly Christ-centered businesses are few and far between. I am glad that Chick-fil-a is standing up for what they believe in! 

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to show my support for freedom of speech and marriage as God intended it. Some may not like Chick-fil-a's stance but those people are entitled to their opinion just as Cathy is entitled to his. We can't pick and choose who America's freedoms apply to. 

I am also thankful for the joyful mob...Christians (and non-Christians) who are willing to stand up for what they believe in! Some times we have to be willing to take a stand. I believe that "Chick-fil-a's Appreciation Day" will prove that to most Americans, this was one of those times! 

Freedom of Speech never tasted so good!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes