He chases the darkness away...


"You, Lord, keep my lamp burning;

 my God turns my darkness into light." Psalm 18:28

Spending several days in the hospital and then several more days cooped up the house can start to get a little depressing. I am unable to pick up my sweet baby and I've still been in a lot of pain so I've been feeling pretty blue today. After feeling upset all morning, I cried out to God (yelled really) and begged Him to restore me. A few minutes later I turned on the radio and I heard a portion of a song that said "He will not give you more than you can handle, just hold on." Feeling as though God was reassuring me, I pushed through the rest of the afternoon. 

Later I spent some time in the car while driving to get my haircut. I listened to several of my favorite Christian songs. As I sang, I could feel God answering my prayer. He was restoring me. 

In our family devotions tonight we discussed God being the Light. Jesus Calling for Kids shared that God chases away any darkness in our lives. No matter what we are going through, if we draw near to God, He will chase the darkness away. I experienced that today when I cried out to God. He heard my prayer and He turned my dark, blue, depressed state of mind into light. He chased my darkness away and restored my soul.

Today I am thankful that I can openly call out to God and He is faithful to hear my prayers and rescue me from whatever I'm dealing with. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that will keep my lamp burning and turn my darkness into light. I don't know what I would do without the relationship I have with my God.

Thank you Father, for chasing my darkness away. 




Comments

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes