I'm Yours Forever

There is a new song I keep hearing on Klove that I absolutely love! Its "Forever Yours" by Dara Maclean. Part of the song goes like this:

"You came and You rescued me
Showed me life as it's meant to be
So beautiful
You love me so differently
Chase all my fears away
I'm finally whole
Oh, oh,
Thank You for finding me when You did
You changed my life, now I believe
That love is all, that I'll ever need
I promise my heart and all that I am

I'm Yours forever, my Love"


This song seems to encapsulate something I've been pondering lately. I keep thinking about where I would be if God had not picked me up and changed my life. There was a time when I was completely oblivious to God and doing things that I am utterly ashamed of now. There was also time, after I was saved, that I slid so far backward that it was no longer aparhent that I was saved. The things I said and the ways I acted were so fleshly and self-focused. If God had not pulled me out of those times, where would I be now? Oh, He is so good! No matter what I've done or how many times I've messed up, He is still here for me; still pursuing me. 

Bryan taught a terrific Sunday School lesson this past Sunday about Samson. Most of us know some simple facts about Samson--his long hair, his strength, his relationship with Deliah, how God used him to tear down the temple, etc. There are a lot of things I learned about Samson on Sunday that I had never heard before. He was chosen by God, his birth was announced by Angels, he lived his life under the Nazerite law, and God blessed him with enough strength that he was able to rip a lion to shreds. God used him in so many ways but He was constantly sinning. He was a murderer, a liar, a thief, and he frequently visited prostitutes. He also constantly broke his vows to God. Guess what? God still used him! I must admit that I found myself wondering why God still used him but after much thought, I think its because God created Samson for a purpose and He wanted to use him fulfill that purpose. 

What if Samson had been obedient to God through out his life? What if his walk with God had been the most important thing in his life? Just think of what amazing things he could have done for God! I, just like Samson, have made some pretty poor choices in my life but God rescued me. He continues to rescue me. He uses me even when I am unusable.  Today I am thankful for God's unending love for us. I am grateful that for the grace He gives me and that He allows me to live my life with Him. He has shown me life as its meant to be. Now, that's all I want! I don't want to ever look back and say, "what if I had been obedient all my life" or "what if my walk with God had been the most important thing to me." I want to do amazing things for God! I'm HIS forever!

Thank you God, for finding me when you did. You changed my life. I promise my heart and all that I am. I'm Yours forever, my Love. Amen






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes