A Promise from God

"The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace." Psalm 29:11

Yesterday and this morning I had tests first thing in the morning. I didn't know what time my tests would be but I woke up about 7:00 each morning to read my Bible. I didn't set an alarm or anything; I just woke up (which is especially surprising since I've been taking Phenergan for nausea which usually causes me to sleep for days.) Both mornings, as soon as I had finished my quiet time, the door opened and my chariot(aka wheelchair) awaited. 

Tonight, as I reflect over the past few days, I am utterly amazed by the peace I have experienced. Through all of the pain, the tests, being away from my family, the hours without food or drink, the nausea, the vomiting, being stuck in 8 different locations for IV's,  the wishy-washy diagnoses, the medications, and finally the gallbladder surgery, I have had a peace that has truly passed my understanding. Being worried, easily frustrated and anxious have always been apart of my personality but NOT through this experience. 

I was reminded a few moments ago of a passage of scripture that touched my heart this morning during my quiet time. "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace." Psalm 29:11. That verse meant so much me when I read it because I knew I would need God's strength and peace throughout this day. That verse is a promise from God. He will give his people strength and peace. And since I KNOW I am His, He freely and abundantly gave those things to me today. 

This evening I am thankful for the numerous promises found in the Bible. God has spoken to us through His Word and He means every bit of it! I am also thankful that God allowed me to spend time in His Word both mornings before I was taken for my tests. I feel especially privileged to have had my alone time with God this morning. As I read Psalm 29:11, I felt Him promise to give me the strength and peace I would need today. He came through, as always! I am forever grateful for His peace and His constant activity in my life. Even on the worst of days, He has blessed me in so many amazing ways. There is no one like our Amazing God! 



Comments

  1. Tori....You are an inspiration to me. I love Ps. 29:11. It is such a comfort to know that our Lord gives us exactly what He promised right when we need it!! Praying for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes