Covered




"He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection." Psalm 91:4

Okay, so the picture above gives Psalm 91:4 a whole new meaning me for me. I've always liked the imagery of being covered by the wings of God but I don't think I ever considered how amazing that type of protection could be. I am utterly amazed by the swan above. She is completely covering her children with her wings. They are hidden within her "armor." She is protecting them from the world around them; from danger, from weather, from other animals but she is also comforting them and providing a resting place for them. That's what God does for us and we don't even realize it!  The swan and her children offer a  beautiful picture of God's love and the security He offers to us.

The world is a pretty scary place these days. You only have to listen to the news for about 3 minutes and you'll hear something terrifying. Evil is running rampant and we need protection. God tells us that He will provide that protection. He will cover us with His wings and hide us from the enemy, just as the swan is doing in the picture above. We are so naive about God's promises that we don't accept the protection and shelter He provides us. What a shame that is! We live each day with worry and fear and nervous stomachs. God doesn't want that for us. He will hide us within His armor and completely shield us. I love knowing that!

Today I am thankful for God's protection. I am thankful for all the things God is protecting us from each and every day. His protection is full; He covers us completely. Yes, He does allow bad things here and there, but I believe those things are used for our good. He is always active, always doing what's best, and always loving us. When I start to get scared, nervous, or worried, I need to look at the picture above. I need to remember that God promises to cover me with His wings and completely hide me. While doing so, He provides comfort and rest for me. I find solace in that truth. 

Thank you, Father, for Your protection and shelter. Forgive me for not taking advantage of it. Please cover me with Your feathers and shelter me with Your wings. Amen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes