Even without a green thumb....

Back in April, Dylan and I planted seeds in a few pots on our back porch. I never really believed they would produce anything because I do NOT have a green thumb...I don't have a green anything. So, I have been pleasantly surprised by all the cucumbers we have harvested! We also have tomatoes but they haven't done quite as well. They do taste yummy though!  Dylan has really enjoyed watching the seeds turn into plants, start blooming and then start producing vegetables! It really is awesome if you think about. Each thing that is grown from a seed truly is a gift from God. In Exodus, the Israelites receive "manna," as a gift from God. "Manna" was a bread like substance that fell from the sky each day. That's pretty crazy!  In reality, the fruits and vegetables that just pop out of the ground or suddenly hang down from trees are just as amazing as that bread from Heaven!

Watering our freshly planted seeds (in April)

The cucumbers are starting to grow

So are the tomatoes.

Dylan loved seeing the cucumbers start to grow.

Wow, that's a big cucumber. Did we grow that?

Yay...a tomato too. YUM!

Today I am thankful for the food that God gives us each and every day. We constantly take it for granted but it is a gift to have so many wonderful, healthy food choices to eat. I am also grateful for the opportunity to take part in the process of growing cucumbers and tomatoes. Dylan and I have both learned a lot!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes