God's Presence

Today has been quite crazy! I started the morning doubled over in pain. My mom rushed over to watch the boys and Bryan took me to the Urgent Care (since I'd already tried the ER with no luck). The Urgent Care I go to is a part of the primary care doctor's office so they actually got me in with my primary care doctor. She was so kind and helpful. She could tell immediately that my gallbladder was causing my problems. She sent me for an ultrasound, where they found my gall stones. Although people can live with gall stones and the ultrasound didn't technically show irritation or inflammation in my gallbladder, she got me an emergency appointment with the surgeon because she could tell how miserable I was. So, we went to the surgeon this afternoon who decided to admit me into the hospital. I'm here mostly so they can keep an eye on me and manage my pain. I will be having another gallbladder test done in the morning and the doctor will make a decision about surgery after those results come back. 

It would be really easy to focus on the negatives in this situation but I just can't! This gratitude blog has caused me to focus the positives in every situation...I can see God all over this experience.
 Let me share: 
~Bryan works at home on Tuesdays so he was able to take me to the doctor today. If this attack had happened yesterday I would have been alone with the boys and trying to deal with everything by myself.
~ I called my mom as she was on her way to work so she was able to come and stay the entire day today. If this happened tomorrow, she wouldn't have been able to come.  
~I called my doctor's office 3 times yesterday but never received a call back, they felt so badly that they worked me in today and took EXTRA good care of me.
~My doctor had so much compassion that she called in a "favor" to have me seen by the surgeon today. 
~The surgeon admitted me so that my pain could be managed instead of sending me home where I would struggle with the pain all night. Being admitted also allows things to move more quickly.
~A new friend brought over dinner so I wouldn't have to worry about what my family would eat while I was in the hospital.
~Our nephew, Hayden, was able to come over to spend the evening with my Mom and the boys so Dylan wasn't upset when I left for the hospital...he was too excited about his cousin coming! 
~I have been given morphine to manage my pain and I feel so much better right now! (Sorry for any misspellings or typos!! Morphine doesn't allow for good editing!) 
~I have had numerous people praying for me, calling me and texting me. I have also had sweet friends to offer to take care of my precious kiddos. 
~And more than anything, the doctors have found the culprit for my pain in a couple of days instead of the months or years it takes most people to find out that the gallbladder is the issue. What a blessing that is! 

I could honestly go on and on. God has been at work all through this experience. I can sense His presence and I know I am in His hands. Today I am thankful that even in the presence of danger, I am safe because of the presence of God. He is right here, holding my hand, leading me through this experience. 

"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes