This is NOT our Home!

Today's just been "one of those days!" My back hurts, my head hurts, my feelings are hurt, I'm having a "fat" day, (you know what I'm talking about!) I'm worried about a million things, and I have absolutely no energy. Zero. Nadda. Zelch. And this is probably no surprise, but its not easy to be a mommy of 3 boys with no energy. So then, the guilt sets in because I feel like a bad mom. (Us women, we have a whole bunch of emotions that whirl around our hearts and minds in the course of one day!) It's just not a good day. Period. 

During my quiet time I read Galatians 4: 4-7 "But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law,  to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship. Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba,Father.” So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir." (emphasis mine)

As I read these verses I was comforted. Although today isn't a good day, I am still God's child. Jesus' sacrifice allowed me to be adopted into the family of God. And one day, I will recieve all that is promised. One day, "He will wipe away every tear from my eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4. One day, He will take me home and I will never again have "one of those days!" 

Oh, I am so grateful today that this place is not our home! Life here is difficult. Some days are really hard. I am thankful for the hope and peace I find in what God has promised for me. All the things I'm worried about, the aches I feel, the ways I'm mistreated, the utter lack of energy, and the guilt and fear will all vanish. Those things will just be memories. My Jesus will wipe away my tears. He will bring me home. Oh, what a day that will be! 

So as you and I journey on together in this crazy thing called life, let's not forget that this is not our home!  The hard times  and the pain are meant to remind us of that and cause us to yearn for our Eternal home, with our Jesus. Thank you Father that this is not our home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes