Teaching Again!

A few years ago I was told by my doctor that I would never teach in a "school setting" again because of all of my back problems. Since then I have been teaching my own children and loving every minute of it! I have been completely OK with the path God has lead me down. In fact, I really love this path much more than I ever dreamed I would! I haven't really missed teaching in the public school system because of all the junk that goes along with teaching but, from time to time, I have missed teaching all of those precious children. 

Today I began teaching LIFE classes for High Point Home Educators. These are classes made up of homeschool students through out High Point. The classes range from Preschool skills to Calculus to Automotive Repair to Latin. There are so many great choices! The classes are only a few hours a day, one day a week, so my back can handle it. I am teaching handwriting, phonics, creative writing and a stories and art class. It was so much fun! Each class has a maximum of 10 children so we have nice, small groups. There was a lot of cutting, drawing, painting, and giggling. It was a great time!

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to teach LIFE classes. I get to teach my own children everyday but it is different to teach in a group setting. Today's classes went well and I really enjoyed myself.  I had forgotten how much I love it! I am grateful that God has allowed me, once again, to teach a group of students. This really is the best possible scenario for me. The hours are short. It's only one day a week. The class sizes are small. I get to pick what I teach. My kids get to come with me AND I still get to be a stay-at-home, homeschooling Mommy to my three amazing boys! Sometimes God's blessings just overwhelm me. I couldn't have made up a better scenario if I'd tried! It's so exciting to see where God will lead. He's always up to something!

Comments

  1. Was excited to see you up there during the teacher intros last week - awesome!! Glad the first day went well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes