Photographs and Memories!

My dad came over tonight for dinner and to make some pictures of our cutie pies. If you've never tried to take photographs of 3 little boys, let me go ahead and tell you how chaotic is! I would imagine that it was similar to herding cats. Once we got one child posed, another ran away. Once we got the big boys settled, the baby cried. It was crazy! But, I have to admit, it was fun! As I watched my dad photograph my boys it brought back a lot of memories of when I was a little girl. 

My dad has been a photographer for 50 years. When I was little I was his "helper" all the time. I remember him letting me look in the camera and "help" as he took photos. I remember being in the black room as he taught me how to develop film. I remember retouching photos and framing portraits. I even got to go on Bridal shoots and help with weddings occasionally. I loved it!  Tonight my little Evan was enthralled by my dad's camera and lights. He kept asking if he could help and he continuously wanted to fix the lights and check the camera. My dad let him "help" just like he used to let me. 

We made a "studio" in our sunroom!
Evan is Popsy's helper!
After trying (for what seemed like hours) to get the perfect photo, we finally got what I thought were a few decent ones. Once we looked through them tonight, I am so pleased! There are a WHOLE BUNCH of bloopers but, there were a hand full of gems in there too! 






Today I am thankful for these beautiful photographs. They aren't only special because they are photos of my babies but they're special because my dad made them! I am also grateful for the wonderful memories that came to mind tonight! It was so special to see my dad interacting with my little guys just like he did with me when I was their age. Such a special night!


You need to see a few bloopers, don't you??!!??

This captures Evan's personality!
I love his laughter!! You can see it, can't you?
I think Evan's about to eat Tyson...haha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes