Sleep!!!

Eventually not sleeping more than 3 or 4 hours in a row for almost 4 months will catch up with you. This morning, when I woke up to get ready for church, I could barely function. I honestly hardly even remember trying to get up and telling Bryan that I just couldn't do it. I have been exhausted for a while but this morning, I couldn't make myself get up and go. All the coffee in the world wouldn't have helped!

My incredible husband told me to go back to bed. I didn't argue! And guess what? I slept until 12:30pm! I haven't slept that late since I was in college! I needed that sleep so desperately. I have felt like a new person since I woke up. I've had more energy today than I've had since before I got pregnant with Tyson. It's amazing what a little sleep will do! We got all the Christmas decorations cleaned up and put away, we cleaned and vacuumed the entire house, did 3 loads of laundry, made dinner and played three games of Candyland. It's been a very productive day!!

Today I am thankful for sleep. It's hard for a Mommy of 3 boys to rest when the baby sleeps, so after a while, the lack of sleep starts to take its toll. I felt horrible! Several hours of uninterrupted sleep made me feel 100 times better. Thank Goodness! I am also grateful for a husband that wants me to take care of myself and doesn't mind helping me when I need it. I'm so thankful for my partner, my friend, my love.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes