2014 was so good! I can't wait to see what's in store for 2015!!

On this day last year I could have never imagined all the blessings that 2014 would hold. On January 7th we found out we were expecting our 3rd child. On March 5th my 5 year long worker's comp case finally settled. On April 1st Bryan was promoted to a new position as his job. On April 12th we went under contract on our new home. On June 4th we moved in! On August 19th Dylan asked Jesus to be his Lord and Savior. On September 15th I gave birth to an incredible surprise....a third son instead of the daughter we'd planned on (the best surprise I've ever gotten). On October 5th Dylan was baptized. October 14th-21st we went on our first vacation as a family of 5 to Asheville, which was perfect! And throughout December we celebrated our first Christmas in our new home. 2014 was incredible!

It wasn't only incredible because of all the blessings but also because of all the lessons I've learned. All of these amazing gifts have taught me that God is SO faithful. He provides all that we need and so much more at just the right time. As I look back I see that what God has given is so much better than what I expected or even thought I wanted. And His timing, well, it couldn't have been better. In those moments, I sometimes questioned the timing but now I can see that Gods ways are so good.

I've learned a lot through some difficulties as well. I've learned that God alone can give me what I need. The people in my life will disappoint me from time to time and that's ok, my God will never leave me nor forsake me. He will not let me down. I've also learned that everyone is struggling with something, even when everything seems perfect. That's why grace is so precious, everyone needs a little grace. And one of my most valuable lessons... I've learned that God allows people to come and go in our lives and even though it can be so hard to understand, God has a purpose for each and every situation. We just have to trust Him.

Last night Bryan and I rang in the new year with our 3 sons. We had a sleep over in Mommy and Daddy's room, all 5 of us! Believe it or not they had as much energy at midnight as they did at noon. It was so sweet to all be together and say hello to a New Year, for the first time in our new home, with our new family member, filled with so much joy. God has been so good to us this past year. I can't wait to see what it's in store for 2015!


I am so incredibly grateful for the gifts God has given, for the lessons God has taught me, and for ways I've grown closer to my God this year. My prayer for 2015 is that my family's eyes would be open wide so that we might see our Heavenly Father's fingerprints on each and every moment. I pray that we will grow closer to each other and to the One who created us. I pray that Jesus' light will shine through us and we will follow hard after Him.

I pray the same for all of you! May God bless you and yours in 2015!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes