Nothing Sweeter for a Mommy to hear....



There is one thing that I began praying for before Dylan was even born. I've probably prayed for that same thing at least once a week, every week of his little life. Tonight, I saw God answer my prayer and this Mommy couldn't be happier!

On the way home from a birthday party Dylan brought up something he learned at church. He began explaining that every person has a black heart, that we are all sinners. He explained that the only way for our hearts to be clean is to give our lives to Jesus. He said he wanted to give his life to Jesus tonight! As soon as we got home we sat down, just Bryan, Dylan and me, and talked openly about our need for a Savior. I loved watching Dylan's little mind at work and answering his questions. It brought so much joy to my heart when I heard Dylan explaining that Jesus died for us because there is no other way and He loved us enough to do whatever it took for us to be able to come to Heaven with Him. And it brought tears to my eyes when my little boy surrendered His life to Jesus. Through tears and a very sweet prayer, Dylan accepted Jesus as his personal Savior. Jesus is now the "Boss" of Dylan's life as the kids say at our church!

Today I am thankful that Jesus was willing to give His life away so that we might have eternal life. I am forever grateful that my sweet Dylan has acknowledged his need for a Savior and given his life to Jesus. There is nothing more precious to a Mommy than to hear her child surrender his life to Christ. It is such an amazing gift and an answer to so many of my prayers. My God is so good! All of Heaven is singing and celebrating because my little boy has put his trust in Jesus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes