34 weeks!


I can hardly believe it but I am finally 34 weeks pregnant! Since this little lady has tried to make her entrance super duper early already, our doctor has been saying, "we just need to make it to 34 weeks!" So I have been awaiting this day for weeks now. Of course, we hope she continues to wait a few more weeks to arrive but apparently there is something "magical" about the 34th week. Most babies born after the 34th week do exceptionally well, especially those who have had the steriod shots, which we have had. So, even if she comes this week or next, I can breath a little easier now knowing she has made to this milestone. According to "The Bump" Allison is now the size of a butternut squash. We didn't have one of these laying around the house so I had to hold one up at the grocery store, just so the boys could see how big their sister is this week!

Because of Allison's possible early arrival, I have done some heavy duty nesting! We are completely ready for her now! Her room is ready, her diaper bag is packed, my suitcase is packed, and the car seat is installed! I don't know why but I've always been a planner so having things ready for her makes me feel better. I still hope she waits a couple of weeks but at least I'll be ready when she makes her grand entrance!




Today I am thankful that we've made it to 34 weeks. I know God ordained Allison's birthday long before I even knew I was pregnant, so for the most part I have been at peace about the possibility of her coming early. Making it to 34 weeks does ease my mind though and it makes her chances of coming home with us right away that much much higher.  I am also thankful that we have things ready for her! I've been excited to meet her for a while but having her room all ready and her car seat installed makes it so much more "real" for all of us. This is such an exciting time. I hope she waits a little longer but I am so ready to meet this little gal!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes