Comic Relief....

I have been having so much pain with this pregnancy, mostly because of my back issues but also because the little lady is so low! I've honestly had a hard time just getting my housework and Dylan's schoolwork done. I've been praying for relief and help, just to get through each day. Today, God answered my prayer in the most adorable way.

Dylan and I were in the homeschool room and Evan was supposed to be watching a video about Shapes. We were working on Dylan's math assignment when Evan walked in and said, "Mommy, those brownies sure were good!" My mind started searching for the memory of us eating brownies but I knew we had not eaten brownies this morning. I quickly noticed the smear of chocolate on his face and the brownie crumbs under his nails. So I said, "Did you eat brownies just now?" He grinned and ran into the kitchen and sat right beside the pan of brownies. He was so proud of himself! 

Normally I would probably get frustrated with him for pulling the brownies off the counter, eating them, and making a huge mess but today I just laughed and laughed! Although it was not exactly what I imagined, this was the relief I prayed for...comic relief! 


This evening we were playing outside when I looked up and saw this little stinker and his helmet. He fixed the strap like this all by himself! He was driving all over the place in his little jeep with his helmet like this. This just shows his sense of humor. He is definitely his own little person!


Today I am thankful for a little comic relief in an otherwise trying, painful time. God knows exactly what we need, when we need it. He often uses my little guys to bless me! I am also thankful for my little comedian. There will never be a dull moment with Evan around. He brings such joy and laughter to our family! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes