2nd Grade!!!

I'm not really sure where the summer went but today our little family started our homeschool year. This year is a very exciting experience for all of us! I can't believe I have a second grade student and I can't believe we finally have a homeschool room to learn in! We also have little preschooler joining in the fun these days, which makes for even more excitement!

The year a student turns 7 is the year that a homeschool officially begins in NC. So, since Dylan will be turning 7 years old during this school year, we recently had to name our school and we just got our School ID code! It's so neat to have our own little school!

Our first day of 2nd grade was a success! We got everything accomplished and Dylan said he had a great time! He even said he couldn't wait to do more schoolwork tomorrow. Evan did well too. He loved sitting at the school table with us! He felt like such a big boy!

My big 2nd Grader!
Using our new chalkboard....compound words!
Evan tracing his name.
Evan with his sticker book.
Math time!
Today I am thankful that our school is official and that our first day of 2nd grade went so well. I taught Kindergarten and 1st Grade in public schools but I've never taught 2nd grade before. I've also never taught preschool and 2nd grade at the same time! This year is going to be full of novelties and excitement for all of us! Having a successful first day under our belts is something to celebrate! I am also grateful for a student that wants to learn. Dylan was eager to complete his assignments and he's looking forward to school tomorrow! Evan was also happy about doing "cool work!" I am looking forward to a great year with my little students!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes