SNOW!

The boys have been hoping for snow all winter and today they finally got the chance to play in some! Dylan got outside first and absolutely loved sledding. We really thought that Evan might be scared to try it but he just jumped right on our make-shift sled and had a blast! As soon as he got to the bottom of the hill, he said, "Do it again!"






The boys had a fantastic time sledding and running around in the snow. I am always amazed by how long they can play and never feel cold. I was freezing! 

As I was watching the snow fall last night and playing outside in it today, I just kept thinking of Chris Tomlin's song "Indescribable." Do you remember the lyrics? 

"Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow. Who imagined the sun and gives source to it's light, yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night. None can fathom. Indescribable. Uncontainable. You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name. You are amazing God. All powerful, untameable. Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim. You are amazing God. You are amazing God."

I just kept imagining all this snow being stored up above and when God was ready, it showered down to earth, covering the world like a beautiful white blanket. How amazing is it that our God knows each of those snowflakes just as He knows each of the stars by name. He is so amazing!

Today I am thankful for the refreshing snow that covered our little area of the world last night. Not only was it gorgeous to look at and tons of fun for the boys to play in, it caused me to ponder God's indescribable ways and humbly proclaim, "You are amazing God!" I am also grateful that my little guys enjoyed the snow so much today. It is always fun to watch them having such a wonderful time together in God's beautiful creation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes