Bunk Beds!

We spent the afternoon at my Grandma and Pawpaw Davis' house. They both passed away in the past 18 months so we needed to start cleaning the house out. It was really odd walking around with my cousins, picking out things we'd like to have to remember our grandparents by. I was blessed to get some Princess House crystal and my Grandma's mixer along with several others things I look forward to using soon in our new house. My mom was able to get the bunk beds that have been in my grandparent's house for over 40 years. Their children and their grandchildren have all slept in these bunk beds. Tonight, a couple of their great grandsons are sleeping in these bunk beds too!

It took some work but Bryan was able to get the bunk beds moved from Grandma and Pawpaw's to my mom's house this evening. We rearranged the furniture in the boy's room just in time for them to go to bed. They couldn't have been more excited about their new beds! 

Pure joy!
Snuggled in, playing on his leap pad
 (a special treat for going peepee in the potty!)
Can't you just see the excitement on his face??
I can't believe my littlest boy is in a big boy bed!
These bunk beds are perfect for them!
Today I am thankful for the opportunity to have some of the items that were so precious to my grandparents. It is such a sweet blessing to have some of their belongings. I will always hold these items close to my heart. I am also grateful that my little boys are sleeping soundly in the bunk beds that my grandparents bought so long ago. Would they have ever dreamed when they bought those bunk beds over 40 years ago that 3 generations of children would sleep in them?  I know they must be smiling down from Heaven tonight. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes