Easing back in....

Just as school teachers and their students dread starting back to school after Christmas Break, so does a homeschooling mommy and her students. I lovingly refer to it as the "starting back blues." Its not that I don't want to get back into the swing of things, its just hard to get going. So, this morning, I thought we'd start back with some fun writing activities, reading and writing about our weekly Bible story and a service project. One extra special thing about this morning....we had a third little boy in tow. Levi, my nephew, enjoyed being a part of homeschool today!

For our service project we used all the Christmas cards we received this year to be a part of St. Jude's Recycled Card Program. The program recycles used greeting cards and creates new holiday and greeting cards for any occasion. Recycled cards are sold to support St, Jude's Ranch for Children's programs and services for abused, neglected and homeless children, young adults and families. These cards can be purchased on St. Jude's website.

Dylan loves doing service projects so when I told him what we were doing this morning, he immediately found his scissors and got to work. He did a great job cutting off the front of each card. He bundled the cards and placed them in the box and even helped address the box. Levi was amazed by the cutting and writing and he held onto his card the entire time!

Busy Bees..
Look at Dylan...hard at work!
Levi loved that card! He never put it down!
I'll be honest, I was a little nervous having 2 little ones around while I did schoolwork with Dylan but it went so well! It makes the idea of having another child one day not quite so overwhelming!


Today I am thankful for smooth, yet fun morning easing our way back into homeschool. We all had fun with our service project and Dylan did great with all his other work today! I am also grateful for successful morning with 3 little boys. I know there are homeschooling mommies with 5-8 children but I just don't know how they do it. Seeing how easy the morning went today, gives me hope for the future!


To read more about St. Jude's Recycled Card Program please click here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes