Slow down...

The thought of having another baby is slowly starting to settle in my mind. I'm actually becoming more excited by the minute and my family is thrilled! We hadn't planned on another baby quite yet but we welcome this blessing. I'll be honest though, as I've been pondering the next 9 months I have had quite a bit of anxiety. Right now we're living with my parents. We're staying here while we wait to buy our next home but that is contingent on my almost 5 year long worker's comp case settling. So, I honestly have no idea when that might be. Just when I think its about to settle, something else happens. That was stressful enough before the due date of a little one came into the picture. Now, I am so ready to be in our new house, organizing things and getting everything put away. Having absolutely no control over any of this is a little difficult for me (the planner, the organizer.) Ok, its more than a little difficult.

In the past few days I've felt myself question God's timing. And then, the way He always does, God assured me that He knows exactly what He is doing. After fretting last night and praying about all of this, I woke up this morning and read today's passage from the Jesus Calling devotional. I especially liked the second paragraph...



I am famous for dashing ahead of God, wanting what I want when I want it. And this devotional said it right, much, much stress is caused from doing that. I love how God reminded me that He is sovereign and I can trust His timing. When our house sold in November, God already knew that this little life would be created while we live with my parents. When this little life was created, God already knew that the case would take some time to settle. And now, in my fretting, God knows when we'll be able to move into our new home. He's got it under control. My favorite part of the entire devotion was the last line, "Slow down, and enjoy the journey in My Presence." That's what I want to do. I want to slow down and trust the One has it under control. I want to avoid the needless stress and let God set the pace of my life.

Today I am thankful that right in the middle of my worry and anxiety, God is here. He is speaking to me and comforting me. He is constantly reminding me that He's got it under control. I am also grateful that God isn't shocked by anything that happens in our lives. He didn't create this life and say, "oops." No, He created this life at just the right time, for a purpose. Above all, I am thankful that God is willing to guide me and allow me to be aware of His presence. The more I bask in His presence, the stronger my faith becomes. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes