I will be your strength...

I have been really struggling with morning sickness this week. For those of you who experienced a little nausea with your pregnancies, my type of morning sickness is a whole different ballgame. Seriously, everything I eat or drink comes back up, even water. This sickness lasts morning, noon, and night and even when my medications keep me from throwing up, I still feel incredibly nauseous and have absolutely no energy. Because of being so sick, I am having a hard time being the mommy and wife I want to be. I don't have the strength to cook the meals I normally cook or even do the laundry. On top of feeling so bad, I feel horrible for not being able to do everything I need and want to do for my family.

I've been praying for days, begging God to give me the strength and energy I need. Today, He has made it clear to me that He isn't just going to dish out the exact amount of strength I need. Instead, He IS my strength.

As I read this morning's devotion from Jesus Calling this morning, I was already blessed by the first 5 words! How amazing is it that God will be the strength I need for each step I take?


This afternoon I was watching The Bible miniseries on DVD with Dylan. We've been learning about Moses and the Exodus in Homeschool so I thought he might benefit from seeing a real-life example of what the parting of the Red Sea may have looked like. As I watched the scene with Dylan, I was absolutely blown away. These people were absolutely helpless. The Egyptians were coming and they had no where to go. I imagine they must have felt so desperate and alone. But God saw them. He knew exactly what they needed and He did what only He could at the perfect time. Now this wasn't just a little miracle. This was HUGE. The Red Sea has an area of over 169,000 miles. That is a little bigger than a pond or the creek in the nearby woods. The walls of water must have been miles high. Can you imagine what an amazing sight this must have been for the Isrealites? God didn't just provide the strength they needed in those moments. He was their strength. He did what He alone could do.

As if God hadn't shown me enough, tonight I heard an amazing sermon by Louie Giglio. He shared about how amazing our God is and how He holds us together. He closed the sermon with Isaiah 40: 28-31 which says, "The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary. and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives STRENGTH to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Oh, how I love those words!

Today I am thankful that God goes overboard with me. When I cry out to Him he is always faithful to speak to me. Today, He has made it abundantly clear that He sees me and my needs, He will hold me together, He will do what only He can do, and HE WILL BE MY STRENGTH. I don't have to beg for strength. When I can't do any more, when I have nothing left to give, He will be my strength. There is so much comfort in that truth. I am grateful that His power is made perfect in my weakness.

Comments

  1. Dear Tori..i have experienced morning and evening sickness ..i have 3 children..but nothing compared to how you explain your suffering .i will pray that our wonderful Lord only allows what you can cope with.Bless you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris. That means a lot to me =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes