Little reminders....

Since my horrible spinal headache experience in October and November,  I have been taking 2 different medications to manage and prevent the pain. These two medications have worked wonderfully but my doctor wanted me to slowly wean myself off of one of the medications. Its taken a while but I've worked my way down to only 1/4 of a pill per day and I was feeling good. So, yesterday I decided to try not taking the pill at all. It went very well and I was super excited to be down to one medication per day, instead of two. Today was a different story. The headache came back, full force. I guess I'm not ready to be off the medication completely.

I took 1/4 of a pill and then another 1/4 of a pill a couple of hours later and it didn't help. I was starting to get really scared when Bryan read the bottle which said I could take up to 2 pills per day. So, I took a whole pill and within a couple of hours, I am feeling some better. I'm praying that once the medication gets back into my system it will start helping to prevent the headache again. 

Today, I am so thankful for modern medicine. It is such a beautiful gift from our Heavenly Father. Although the leak in my spinal column has healed, the nerves in my brain apparently aren't quite back to normal yet. Its amazing how quickly the headache returned and how severe it became. The medication is such a blessing to me! It allows me to feel "normal" and take care of my family!

I am also grateful for this reminder of the horrible headache I endured for almost a month. I hope I never experience it for long periods of time again but I'm glad I was able to experience it for a few hours today. It helps me to truly appreciate God's work in my life. It also helps me to enjoy each pain-free moment. Maybe God allows these little reminders so that I will be in constant awe of Him and His ability to heal. I am so amazed by Him! Thank you God, for reminding me today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes