A weekend away....

Bryan and I had a fabulous weekend! I took him on a romantic get-a-way to celebrate his 32nd birthday. My mother and Bryan's mother kept the boys for us while we were away. We left Friday evening after dropping off the kids and went to Charlotte. We had a lovely kid-free time! We enjoyed quiet moments and an entire movie. We tried to sleep late but it didn't work since we're so used to getting up early. We enjoyed eating dinner without feeding anyone or having to tell anyone to get up off the floor. We also loved talking to each other, uninterrupted, for 2 days! 

Bryan and I at the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte

While on our trip we visited Passages, an amazing Bible exhibition, and also the Billy Graham Library. We walked around downtown Charlotte and then one of the local malls. We ate lots of yummy food and truly appreciated our time  alone together.





Today I am thankful for a weekend away with the love of my life. Our life is so busy and noisy, it was absolutely wonderful to spend this time together, just the two of us. I am also grateful for our parents who were so willing to take care of our little guys. We were able to savor our get-a-way even more because we knew our sweet boys were having so much fun with their grandparents!

As much as we enjoyed our time away, it sure was nice to get back home and see those two smiling faces! What a blessing it is to have an amazing husband and the two sweetest, most adorable little boys ever!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes