A delay is not a denial...

Bryan and I have had our house for sell for almost 2 years now. I gotta say, it gets a little frustrating now and then! This morning I was feeling a little bothered by yet another week of no showings and I started to wonder if we should even try anymore. I started to feel very discouraged and I told myself, "praying for this is silly!" Well, within an hour, I came across these three verses in different ways:

"Nothing is impossible for God!" Luke 1:37

"...If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

"For it is not yet time for it to come true. The time is coming in a hurry, and it will come true. If you think it is slow in coming, wait for it. For it will happen for sure, and it will not wait." Habakkuk 2:3

After having these three very different verses thrown in my face, I realized that nothing is too silly to pray about! Nothing is impossible for God. If He is for us, nothing and no one can be against us. Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. I just need to be patient. Selling our home and moving to another one with yard for the boys to play in is a dream of ours. If God cares enough about me to redirect my negative thinking, why would I think He doesn't care about my dreams? Just because our dreams haven't all come true yet doesn't mean God doesn't care about them.

Today I am thankful that when I started to feel discouraged, God got my attention with three amazing scriptures. I am also thankful to have learned that a delay is not a denial from God.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes