He is listening!


I'm not one to share financial concerns usually but when God does something big, He deserves praise whether its a financial issue or not! Our Jeep Patriot has been making some really loud noises over the past couple of weeks. We took it to the dealership today, praying that the issue would be covered under warranty. With all my medical bills and worker's comp being so inconsistent, we are on a pretty tight budget.  Well, this afternoon the dealership called and said that we need a new alternator. They estimated the cost to be $699 and its not covered under the warranty. As soon as I heard that, my heart sunk. We just don't have that laying around, ya know?

I thought positively about it for awhile, tried to be optimistic, looked up scripture to reassure myself of God's ability to provide but still the tears started to fall. Let's face it, we all have moments of doubt and frustration. I had to separate myself from my family, get down on my face, and pray. So, I ran to the bathroom, locked the door, and did just that! I honestly believe this type of surrender is pleasing to God. He knows we need Him. It must bring Him great joy when we run to Him for help. There is something so precious about crying out to God.

A few minutes later, I pulled myself together, and came out into the living room. Bryan was on the phone with another mechanic. As I was walking into the room he was asking them to give a quote for the alternator. My jaw nearly dropped to the floor as I heard him say, "$200, really? Is that including labor?" Wow, that was quick. I fully expected God to help us out but that was really quick! $200 is much more do-able than nearly $700!

"Honest cries for help lifted up to Jesus will not go unheard. He sees. He knows. He loves. And Jesus will direct you as long as you stick with Him." ~Lysa TerKerust

Today I am thankful for the ability to cry out in prayer to my Heavenly Father. Its times like these, when prayers are obviously answered, that I realize how amazing prayer is! He hears us and He cares. I think we often take the ability to pray for granted, especially when we don't get immediate answers or the answer we'd hoped for. Times like these, however, show us that God is listening, He is at work, and our prayers do make a difference! What if we prayed everyday, in every situation, like our prayers made a difference?

I am also thankful for God's ability to provide. We've seen this a lot lately with several of my medical bills. Sometimes God provides the actually money we need and sometimes He causes the amount we owe to change. Either way, He is at work, causing things to work for good, for us!

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Do you have a need? Is something bogging you down with worry and doubt? Give to God! He is listening! I promise! He will provide! He is so worthy of our praise!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes