The God of all Comfort

The past couple of days haven't been easy for me. Losing a loved one is hard. I spent most of yesterday and today just being with my family. They have been such a blessing to me. Evan has been extra snuggle-y and Dylan continues to comfort me and remind me where Grandma Davis is now. Bryan takes time to hold me and let me cry while he speaks words of wisdom to my wounded soul. I am so grateful for these precious people. God is using them to comfort me during this difficult time. 

"This little guy has been loving on me. I think children somehow know when our hearts are broken."


I shared this photo on facebook yesterday. One of my friends, Jill, posted the following comment:
 "Although cognitive abilities develop over time, from a very young age, children have the same emotions as we do, so they are able to feel our feelings and emphasize with those they love. It is such a great gift that God has given us that as we mourn that which we have lost, we hold in our hands the future of what will be and know that even in the midst of great sorrow, there is still joy in our future."

I love those thoughtful words. Its so true. God is using these boys to remind of the joy that is yet to come. As my eyes fill with tears, my heart is also filled with hope.

My friends and church family have also been a blessing to me over the past few days. We've had Pastors praying and visiting, friends dropping by to deliver flowers and hugs, and many messages of love and prayers. These things are so precious to me. 

Today I am thankful for the ways in which God comforts us. He uses our spouses, our children, the Body of Christ and our friends.  I've lost both of my grandmothers within 7 months. It hasn't been easy but it has revealed a side of God that I hadn't known before. He has shown me his comfort, peace, and love even during some of the saddest moments in life. I praise God for the comfort and love He provides. Even in the darkness, He is so full of love and light!


"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort" 
2 Corinthians 1: 3



Comments

  1. Tori: It sounds to me as though you are handling this difficult season in a most timely manner. While it is true you are surrounded by the Body of Christ, family, and friends; it is also true that you are indwelled by the Holy Spirit of Christ who is your ultimate strength. May He buoy you up above the waves of sorrow that surround you at this time. Our blessings are with you, Jim & Millie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes