The Lord establishes his steps....



While saying his bedtime prayers, Dylan said, "...and God, whatever you want me to be when I go grow up, that's what I want to be. It could be a train driver or truck driver, or maybe a fire fighter." When the prayers were all done we asked him how he would feel if God wanted him to be a Pastor or a Missionary. Dylan sweetly said, "oh yes, I would love that too. Whatever God wants, that's what I want too!" 

What if more of us were so eager to joyfully do whatever God has planned for us? 

It was recently decided that my back injury will not allow me to teach in a public setting again. So, I started going through all of my old teaching supplies today and plan to sell it all in a yard sale this weekend. I went through boxes and boxes and boxes of books, lesson plans, games, puzzles, stuffed animals, etc. I worked on it for hours and I am not even half done yet. As I looked at all that stuff, I couldn't help but think of how God has completely changed my life since I boxed up all that stuff nearly 3 years ago. When I was taken out of work because of my back, I was very unhappy about it. I had put so much work into my classroom and my teaching career and frankly, I was a little aggravated that I had to put it all in boxes. 

"The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps" Proverbs 16:9

Today, I am so thankful that God is establishing my steps. He has brought me so far over these past 3 years. Now, I don't want my old life, my old career, or my old dreams. I want what God wants for me and my family whether that path is an easy one or a difficult one. Just like Dylan said, "whatever God wants, that's what I want too!"

Thank you, Father, for leading me even when I didn't understand what You were up to. Although it hasn't been easy, You have proven how faithful and trustworthy You are! I'll follow You where ever you lead me. I want what You want for me! Please guide my sweet boys as they grow...may they always be so eager to follow You! In the precious name of Jesus, Amen.



Comments

  1. Tori: Couldn't help thinking about you when I read this evening devotional for today taken from Spurgeon's devotionals.

    http://www.spurgeon.org/morn_eve/this_evening.cgi

    Wishing you well in your decision regarding public teaching. I'm sure your little guys will appreciate their own private tutor!

    Jim (& Millie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that with me! I am so excited about homeschooling the boys! It seems like there is no better way to immerse my boys in God's love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes