A city made of gold!

I went to visit my Grandmother in the hospital today. She hasn't been doing too good the past couple of days. I was blessed with the opportunity to talk with her about her salvation. There is absolutely nothing more important than accepting Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. We have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God. We all desperately need a Savior. Jesus gave His life in place of ours. He sacrificed it all so that we might enjoy eternal life with Him. He didn't have to do that for us and He didn't do it in order to give us a "get out of hell free card." He wants our hearts. He wants our whole lives. He deserves all we have to offer Him! He loves us so incredibly much. As a believer, it is my duty to tell others. So, I was grateful for the opportunity to talk with my Grandmother today. She shared that she that she had, somewhat recently, accepted Christ as her Savior! HALLELUJAH! She wasn't sure, however, if she would go to Heaven when she passes away. As I stood close to her bedside and looked directly into her eyes, I had the privilege of sharing with her that she WILL go to Heaven as long as Jesus is the Lord of her life and she has surrendered completely to Him, believing that He died for her sins, making a way for her. She looked up at me and said "Thank you!" She needed to be reminded of God's promise. 

Today I am thankful for this precious opportunity to talk with my Grandmother. What a blessing it was to me and to her, to reassure her of what Jesus has done for. To remind her of the love He has for her!

In December, my other grandmother passed away and I was unsure of her salvation. It is so hard to think of her, not knowing where she is now. Talking with my only living Grandmother today was such a gift to me. I don't have to be concerned for her. She has a city made of gold waiting on her!


 "It <The Holy City> shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass.The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass." Revelation 21: 11, 18, 19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes